Wednesday 7 November 2012

Moving Image Planning document


Media Production

Moving Image planning document


What emotional impact do you want your filming do have upon the reader? How?

 The genre of my film is a Football hooligan crime style film, the emotional impact I want to have on the audience is for them to feel the build up of tension and adrenaline throughout the trailer. To achieve this I plan to use slow slow cuts of the match and the main character arriving at his new home at the beginning of the trailer to set the scene up and convey to the audience the narrative of the story. I then plan to increase the pace of cuts along with the pace and style of music which will build up tension. This fits the genre of my film because Hooligan style films include lots of action in their trailers in order to build adrenaline and also to show the  main protagonists and their rivals. I plan to use a range of different technical codes including: long shots, close-ups and mid-shots to also build up tension and successfully portray the narrative of the trailer. Close ups allow the audience to become more emotionally involved with characters whilst long shots can also serve to establish the setting. Editing also has a massive impact on the effect my filming has on the audience because this will be where post production techniques like special effects can be applied and also  music which will assist in building up tension and creating a sense of enigma.

What personnel do you need? Who are you going to film?

 I need around ten people to play the role of football hooligans and another four to play the roles of main characters.


What props will you need?
 The props I will need will relate to the genre of my film such as; knives, a bin, phones, kitchen table and chairs.

How are you going to emphasise colour? 
The colour in my trailer is quite important due to the club colours which I use to determine whether characters are friendly or a threat to the main character. I also need to use naturalistic colours of outdoor and indoor settings to establish realism. 




Have you briefed your personnel/models? 
I have briefed my actors as to what roles they were playing in my trailer and how to act within that particular role. 




What lighting will you need? Any other equipment? 
I plan to use natural lighting for my trailer as it is a social realism style film. I also plan to use a boom mic to enhance the sound quality of the trailer.  I will also use a tripod to steady the camera and reduce camera shake.




Where will you shoot? Will you need a backdrop? 
I plan to shoot in a back lane close to my house for the exterior fight scenes but also I plan to do some shots at the match so I can cut to them in within the trailer. I will also include an indoor scene in the kitchen of a house.




Make-up? Costume? 
The costumes will be stereotypical of football hooligans which involves appropriate football strips but also school uniform as the majority of the characters are at school. I also plan to use make up to show injury for example a black eye on the main character as a result of the fight scene.

1 comment:

  1. You have identified requirements of your shoot. With you needing so many actors to appear in your trailer, careful planning will be required to ensure your filming goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete