Monday 25 March 2013

Analysis Of Work From Previous Students

Zombits: This trailer uses quite a wide variety of shots such as the close up at the beginning which draws the audiences attention to the injection on the zombie which helps to promote a sense of enigma from audiences. However the trailer looks also relatively unprofessional as the acting in the trailer is bad which in turn makes the text less believable.

Like A Fish In The Wind: Overall I felt this trailer was very good as both camera skills and editing were effective. However, at points the voice over sounded a bit echoey and the acting was quite poor. Overall I would give this a B.

The Jinn: This Trailer was overall very effective and adhered quite well to the conventions of trailers of a similar genre. The editing and camera work was also very good and it made the found footage idea more believable using things such as white noise to show the cuts between shots. However I did think the font on the title cards was quite difficult to read. Overall I would give this a B.

Rivals: I thought this trailer was really effective and the person who had done it had clearly spent a lot of time drawing it and then animating it. The quality was also very good. However it maybe needed a few more frames which would give it less of a jumpy feel.  Overall I feel this trailer is a grade B.

The Neighborhood: I thought this trailer used some quite good effects such as the night vision effect. However the trailer was also quite blurry and the title cards looked quite unprofessional. Overall I would give this a grade C.

I have reviewed trailers and music videos from previous students' coursework, to help give me ideas for my own piece. As a class we looked at five together and wrote down the strengths and weaknesses of each. One of the main strengths of all the projects was a good storyline. The main weaknesses we found was poor text cards, to ensure this doesn't happen for my project I plan to use online tutorials to make professional looking title cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment